The FÍS project is a very effective methodology for the cross-curricular approach to integrating ICT in Primary schools.
Over the years the project has succeeded in helping children to develop essential skills in moving-image literacy, communication and teamwork in addition to exploring curricular topics in an engaging and child-centred way. The result has been that both teachers and children find the experience enriching and rewarding.
FÍS has been affirmed very positively by teachers and children involved as one of the most effective strategies for ICT integration.
Who can participate?
- All existing Primary FÍS schools
- Any Primary school that wishes to submit a short film
If you wish your film to be considered for the National FÍS Film Festival in the Helix your film must be no longer than 5 minutes excluding credits.
Dublin West Education Centre encourages you to participate this year!
- Please indicate your interest to Zita in DWEC (via e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you will/may submit a film for FÍS 2017 & whether or not you may be interested in a support night.
- Begin working on a short film (If there is sufficient interest expressed Dublin West Education Centre will organise some support evenings in the Spring for teachers or schools interested in participating).
- Schools should forward their finished tapes directly to the FÍS office in IADT, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin in June 2017.
If there is sufficient interest, a Regional screening will be held in Tallaght in May/June 2017 to showcase local schools FÍS entries for the National FÍS Film Festival in October/ November 2017.