NIPT WORKSHOP PROGRAMME
Information for NQTS:
IMPORTANT: NQTS applying to attend for the NIPT Workshop programme 2019-2020 at DUBLIN WEST (includes Lucan venue) must first register with the Dublin West Education Centre (see Step 1 below) before accessing workshops.
Step 1 – Register your details with our Education Centre (google online application form) by clicking here
Please ensure that all fields are fully and accurately completed when you provide your details at this stage, to ensure that your attendance at workshops will be recorded correctly and without delay.
Step 2 – NEXT register on the DWEC online booking system (www.dwec-courses.com) to book your place on workshops.
NQTS will initially register for a username and password. An activation email will be sent to your email address after which you can subsequently log on in order to book NIPT workshops, once they are advertised.
Please note that NIPT workshops have a limited capacity. Multiple bookings for the same workshop reduces the number of places available for other NQTs.
If you book onto the same workshop more than once only one booking (the earliest date you chose) will be accepted.
Further details are available here.
Click here to download the Information Booklet for NQTs – Information Booklet for NQTs (Induction Workshop Programme) 2019.2020 (1)
Please note also that the Planning and Preparation (P), SSE and Planning (PP) and Supporting Students with SEN in Mainstream Classes (PP) are available on http://onlinelearning.teacherinduction.ie/ from 26th August 2019
Important Information for NQTs regarding their registration requirements for the Teaching Council:
- Droichead is the route to induction for NQTs in SEN settings, in all Primary schools with administrative principals and in Post-Primary schools with 200 or more students
- Schools outside of the above categories are also offering Droichead. NQTs are asked to check with their schools as only one process can be offered at school level (i.e. Droichead or PQE [PP] / Probation [P].
- Engagement in the NIPT Induction Workshop Programme is a requirement for NQTs who are completing Probation (Primary) or PQE (Post-Primary).
- Attendance at workshops is not a requirement for NQTs engaging in the Droichead process.
- NQTs participating in Droichead may count a workshop as an Additional Professional Learning Activity, to address a professional learning need identified by them, in consultation with their PST team.
DROICHEAD CLUSTER MEETINGS
Information for NQTS:
NQTs should note and discuss the information provided with this calendar with their PST Members.
To book a Cluster Meeting NQTS will initially register for a username and password using the following link – https://www.dwec-courses.com/
An activation email will then be sent to your email address after which you can subsequently log on, in order to book a Cluster Meeting, once scheduled and advertised.
Note: If you book onto the same cluster meeting (1, 2 or 3) more than once only your registration for the earliest date will be accepted. Multiple bookings for the same cluster meeting reduces the number of places available for other NQTs.