Please note it is essential to register on this website first in order to book your place on our courses.
When registering please use your personal email rather the school email.
You can then login using your email address or username and password and book your course.
Once registered check your email and look out for the email "Dublin West Education Centre CPD Courses - Your details"
While mindfulness does not claim to be a cure for anything, a growing amount of research indicates its effectiveness in:
· Getting a better night’s sleep
· Reducing worry and feelings of anxiety
· Improving tolerance of chronic pain
· Lifting mood and appreciating what is good in life
· Managing interpersonal conflict more effectively
· Enhancing feelings of self-worth and compassion for others
This standalone session is intended to introduce participants to the practice of mindfulness so that they can establish a regular personal practice. It includes the following elements:
· What is mindfulness?
· What are the benefits and how can mindfulness help at a time like this?
· Some neuroscience and scientific evidence of its benefits
· Outline of the different types of practices
· Explanation of the process of meditation practice
· A guided practice
· Resources for further practice
· Comments and questions
The facilitator is Joanne Murphy, a primary school teacher. She has completed a two-year Masters in Mindfulness in UCD and has completed many other trainings in mindfulness, including training with the Mindfulness in Schools Project (both Paws b and .be) and the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute.
|Course Date||26-01-2022 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||26-01-2022 8:15 pm|
|Cut off date||26-01-2022 3:00 pm|